Young Adult/Youth Ministries
(Click on image to download full-size photo. Click on a name to e-mail that staff member.)
Young Adult/Youth Ministries
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthwesternUnionYouth
Cowboy and Biker Camp (9th Annual)
Sept. 31-Oct. 1, 2017 | Lone Star Camp, Athens, TX
Fishing, Canoeing, Horseback Riding, Rodeo, Hay Rides, Games, and more...
For registration and information, contact: Suzanna Facundo at 817.295.0476 (office) or Pastor Helvis Moody at 832.876.1161 (cell). Lodging and RV hook up available. Housing is limited so call ASAP!
Young Adult Cruise Retreat
5-Day Western Caribbean Cruise | December 18-23, 2017
For registration and payment, contact S. Green Travelers & Tours, PO Box 2152, Dillon, SC 29536; Office Phone: 843.319.6768; Fax: 843.774.9877. For questions call Suzanna Facundo at the Southwestern Union Conference office at 817.295.0476.
Should you find a cheaper price on www.Carnival.com and wish to book on your own, it is always great to save money. In order to have your booking added to the Southwestern Union Conference Young Adult Cruise Retreat group booking, you will need to:
- 1: Pay your deposit through the booking channel that you found your cheaper rate.
- 2: Advise Carnival that you would like to have your individual booking added to S.Green Travelers & Tours (843.319.6768) and will need to set up a 4-digit transfer pin.
- 3: Contact S.Green Travelers & Tours (preferably by email) with your name, 4-digit pin, and booking number. We will add your booking and your cheaper rate to the established group. (Please be advised, the rate code you selected may NOT be applicable to the group's amenities for perks)
Note: The deadline has been extended to May 22, 2017 to pay the $50 deposit.
A Note About Passports
Passports are strongly recommended but not required for US citizens on most closed-loop sailings departing from the United States. Closed-loop sailings are sailings that leave (embark) and return (disembark) from the same US port. The Southwestern Union Conference Young Adult Cruise Retreat is a closed loop sailing whereas US citizens may use a state/government issued picture ID (ex. driver's license) along with a birth certificate issued by their birth state or the appropriate vital record's department. This will serve as their proper documentation. Children 15 years old and younger are not required to have a picture id, however, the birth certificate is a must.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: WILL TRANSPORTATION BE PROVIDED FROM AIRPORT TO THE PORT? WOULD THE SAME TAKE ME FROM SHIP TO THE AIRPORT AGAIN?
Carnival Cruise Line offers transfers as an optional service. Transportation between New Orleans International Airport and the Port of New Orleans on the day of embarkation or debarkation only. Guests may purchase transfers up to 5 days prior to their sail date or it may be arranged through your booking travel agent. Transfer Cost between New Orleans International Airport and the Port of New Orleans: One-way: $23.50. To purchase Carnival's transfer service, your flight must arrive no later than 2:00 PM on the day of your cruise. Transfer service will be provided between 8:30 AM and 2:30 PM. Return flights must not be any earlier than 11:30 AM on the day of debarkation. Transfer rates are subject to change and unused services are non-refundable.Transfer service will be provided during the duration of the debarkation process. www.carnival.com 
Q: WHERE IS THE PARKING FOR THE CRUISE? HOW MUCH DOES PARKING COST?
Erato Street Terminal 1100 Port of New Orleans Place New Orleans, Louisiana 70130-1733
Parking is located at the Erato Street Parking Garage is located on top of the terminal. $20.00 USD per day (Rates subject to change by the Port Authority)
- * Full payment due upon entering the garage. You must have your cruise tickets available
- * Accepted forms of payment: U.S Dollars and Credit Cards
- * The garage is secure, lighted and patrolled
- * Handicap Parking available with proof of valid permit
- * Maximum height is 8'4" on 3rd floor and 7'6" on higher floors and maximum 22 feet in length
- * Please visit https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1049
Q: WHO CAN STAY IN A TRIPLE OR QUAD ROOM? ONLY KIDS W/PARENTS OR CAN 4 ADULTS SHARE A ROOM?
Up to four adults may share a cabin, based upon availability. _Minor_ children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) within the same travel group in order to debark the ship in port.
Where _minor_ guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:
- * Guests 12 and younger: must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
- * Guests 13 - 17 years of age: Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
- * Guests 18 – 20 years of age: Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.
Q: HOW MUCH IS QUAD ROOM WHEN 2 YOUNG KIDS STAY W/PARENTS? HOW MUCH IS TRIPLE OR QUAD WHEN 4 ADULTS SHARE A CABIN?
Interior Doubles: $482.00pp / Interior Triples: $422.00pp / Interior Quads : $380.00pp
Ocean View Doubles: $524.00pp / Ocean View Triples: $452.00pp / Ocean View Quads: $404.00pp
Balcony Doubles: $674.00pp / Balcony Triples: $554.00pp / Balcony Quads: $488.00pp
_S.Green Travelers & Tours divides the total cabin by the number of guest so that everyone is paying the same amount within a shared cabin. Example: Electing an Ocean view triple cabin.....each person within cabin will pay $452.00 each._
Q: DO KIDS PAY GRATUITIES?
Carnival Cruise Lines recommended guideline to what is appropriate is $12.95 USD per person, per day for guests in standard stateroom accommodations and $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites. Guests less than two years of age are not required to extend gratuities. At the discretion of the guest, they may adjust the gratuities at any time while on-board.
The breakdown, per day: Housekeeping Team: $4.05 ($5.05 for suites); Dining Team: $6.40; Alternative Services: $2.50
Watch the Video: More Compassion Louisiana Mission Trip 2017
Watch the Video - SWUC Stand Firm Camporee 2016
Watch the Video - Cowboy and Biker Camp 2016
See the video (above) from the Cowboy and Biker Camp 2016 that took place at Lone Star Camp.
For more information, contact your local conference youth/young adult ministries director or Suzanna Facundo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 817.295.0476 ext. 433.
(Click on a name to e-mail that director)
Arkansas - Louisiana, 318.631.6240
Arkansas - Louisiana, 505.244.1611
Southwest Region, 832.312.1076
Texas, 817-790-2255 ext. 2203