Employment listings and application forms for current openings.
The following is a list of current employment listings and requirements at the Southwestern Union office. To apply for a position, please submit the following to the Human Resources Director, Vivian Johnson, via e-mail: Resume, Employment Application, and Background Check Authorization forms. All positions will remain open until filled.
Position Summary: Assists in the development, maintenance, and training of the Adventist Accounting Software International (AASI), Adventist Payroll Software (APS), School Treasurer Software (STS), and Church Treasurer Software (CTS) for the Southwestern Union Conference. The position serves a broad range of individuals (clients) and will provide high levels of project management, relationship management, strategic thinking, and project execution. This role requires high levels of interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Assists with the development and implementation of AASI, APS, STS, and CTS for Southwestern Union Conference sites.
- Provides accounting support to Conferences and Academies.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationship with SWUC staff, conference and academy treasury staffs.
- Collaborates with NAD ACTS team in: update management, information distribution, Issue Tracker (IT) submission and resolution, AASI, APS, STS, CTS Implementations and training.
- Assists with training and assisting SWUC personnel for AASI and APS.
- Performs financial statement and general ledger review tasks as assigned by the Treasurer and Undertreasurer.
- Assists with the development of multi-media instructions for AASI and APS users, including written instructions/manuals and video.
- Stays apprised of and maintains accounting best practices and the latest technologies. This includes attending periodic off-site training seminars.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel to assist user sites as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Ability to utilize and adapt to transitioning technology
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the field of Adventist Accounting
- Expressed commitment to Jesus Christ and ascribe to the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, must be a Seventh-day Adventist member in good and regular standing, and must desire to serve in a cooperative, spiritually-redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere.
Education/Experience/Credentials: Business related bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. Three to five years of accounting experience is required. Four or more years of denominational experience is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill: Well developed knowledge of principles, policies and beliefs of the Southwestern Union Conference and the Seventh-day Adventist Church.